So glad you stopped by today! Pour yourself another cup of coffee, sit in your comfy chair and let God’s words soak into your soul!
Coffee Cravings is grande- sized God cravings for the soul through His word and truths. Today the word “courage” entered my quiet time as I continue to learn how God is present even when our courage seems to be absent.
Joshua 1:9 speaks so clearly about God’s command to be courageous in our lives. The heart of this message is that we are never alone in our quest to be courageous for God. Take a minute and let God’s words fill you with truth.
Courage takes faith and stepping out in boldness
Courage comes from God who gives it freely to us as His children
Courage is taking your passions, lifting the dreams to God and allowing Him to bless the journey to their fulfillment
As a single mom, I understand what courage is but find myself asking often for strength to carry on in the battleground of life. The strength to overcome fear, heartache, loss and whatever else may come my way. I have never been let down and each time my cries have been heard.
when loss weighs heavy in your heart and you search for light to pierce the darkness
when wounds from past relationships will not heal
when daily life sucks away your energy and your exhaustion is like a puddle on the floor-seeping into every floorboard
when loneliness blankets you and you are left with a hollowness inside
God promises and provides all you need. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9
Today I’m praying for all that God’s perfect strength conquers all your fears – that His perfect power overtakes your weakness and His perfect love takes away the ache.
9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9-11
Linking up this year with Ann Voskamp’s 2014 Joy Dare. Find the link up at A Holy Experience. Counting blessings daily will bless you immeasurably! JoyDare #285-306
- Walk at local park washed out by flooding rains, checking progress of my students through report cards, Sister in law love
- Feeling of accomplishment when washing dishes by hand, Monday blues washed away by rain, a full week of possibilities
- Thankful for eating weird #beansandriceweek so we can change world @crdschurch learning to love beans & rice,Beano love
- The landscape sheathed in green-springtime, waking up to singing birds, joy in singing and worshipping
- Student love today in between learning, another bean and rice meal-thankful for food, anticipation of weekend
- Fri. blessings-time w/ family, Willie & Si telling their story of faith in Louisville, road trip to spend time with family
- My son Daniel’s birthday-blessed to be called his mom, another day with family in Louisville, warm, spring breezes
Linking with my friend Holly for Testimony Tuesday. Go check it out!