Friday darkness bursts forth into a Sunday of renewal – new life has come through the resurrection of Jesus! Our messiness, our mistakes, our misguided attempts to do the right thing are all washed away in one act. A final intake of breath leaves an exhale of grace as the ultimate gift for all. The light washes over us – restoring, rebuilding and renewing!
Our messiness strewn haphazardly – Jesus threw out our messiness and mistakes on the cross
And as our mistakes were washed away, the light of Jesus came
The light made all things new! Life burst forth as the buds on a tree or a single splash of yellow against the backdrop of lush green. Spring green pushes through winter brown and makes the statement it is here to stay.
Jesus has made all things new by His death and resurrection. We can rejoice and treasure the promises that came through God’s sacrifice of His son.
God’s grace for all is renewed as each new day starts. Our messiness is wiped clean and a glorious unfolding of God’s grace redeems and reclaims us daily.
4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” Revelation 21:4-5
May the hope of today be our light tomorrow! Jesus has risen and new life has been given to all!
Easter blessings to all!
Linking up this year with Ann Voskamp’s 2014 Joy Dare. Find the link up at A Holy Experience. Counting blessings daily will bless you immeasurably! JoyDare #306-330
- A Sunday to rest & focus for week, nap time to re-energize & recharge, reflection time to count blessings & give thanks
- New week hope, plans and preparation, joy in the morning routines with a splash of coffee,power out scare covered by God
- Tues. blessings – a spring snow, flash of sun to melt snow and believe it’s warm, a job that challenges and rewards me
- Friends who “get” me and care, family love through a much needed phone call, tomorrow is my “Friday”
- Today was my Friday-off tomorrow,dinner w/ a friend to de-stress after a hard week,a few days to breathe in God’s grace
- A day off-time to feel the weight of Jesus’ sacrifice for us,lunch with my son-catching up,reveling in the spring temps
- Spring beauty at local park guaranteed to take your breath away,lunch w/ my other son-absolute delight,Sunday’s a comin’
- Easter joy poured out for us,new life budding- all things are made new, church family,visit w/ dad and lunch w/son & GF
Join my mailing list!
Subscribers receive updates, newsletters, and FREE resources! Your information is safe and will never be shared.
If you're not receiving emails from me, check your spam folder and mark my emails as "not spam."