Each day we start fresh and measure our steps precisely. At day’s end we assess the steps taken – forward and backward! Each day our steps take us into presence through our choices or take us out of being present when we turn away.
a genuine smile
a gentle touch
words of encouragement
time spent with a loved one
kind words for the store cashier
running errands for family or friends
sons/daughters ministering to their parents
prayers lifted for specific intentions
quiet time with God
Each day God rejoices when we set aside time for Him and with Him. He asks us to “be still and know that He is God”. He reminds us that He will fight for us – we need only be still. Taking time for God allows us to see the great things that He is about to do. Our presence is a delight to Him. Our presence is a present – one that God recognizes daily.
Psalm 46:10, Exodus 14:14, 1 Samuel 12:16
Perfect presence is allowing God’s touch to reach others through us. Perfect presence is being intentional in our interactions with others and letting God use us to be His gift daily. Perfect presence is saying “yes” and allowing others needs to take precedence over ours. Perfect presence is a present.
Who will you be a gift for today? Add some ways to “be present” to my list.
Linking up this year with Ann Voskamp’s 2014 Joy Dare. Find the link up at A Holy Experience. Counting blessings daily will bless you immeasurably! JoyDare #1-60
- Incredibly blessed to ring in a New Year, thankful for family, friends, praising God for the chance to know Him more in 2014
- New Years Day spent with mom at hospital-blessed to have the time, God’s presence in all, support of friends, family
- Today I am blessed w/honest conversation with my mom, a landscape covered with clean, white snow, God’s reminder of strength
- Gift of patient, understanding doctors caring for my mom, bringing dad to the hospital to visit mom, feeling prayers of all
- Spending the day with mom-talking, listening, enjoying, sunshine lighting the snow-covered land, cousin stepping into help
- Time to regroup for school after a long break, homemade chicken wild rice soup, wintry wind chills headed this way
- A snow/wind chill day to help mom move to a new setting, a brother in town to share the load, God ever near for strength
- The frigid weather warming a few degrees, adding a few touches of home in mom’s new digs, another day off to spend w/mom
- Visiting mom who was in good spirits, story of Clarence a visitor to mom’s room, a normal day back at school after break
- Encouraging friends and family, all of my students at school today ready to learn, reminders of God’s grace today
- The end of a difficult week, a whisper from God I’m not alone, a visit with mom to top off my day
- Hard to count blessings today-gift of family, the gift of time and ministering to mom, the joy of knowing heaven is near
- Knowing mom’s in heaven with no pain, when plans derail God’s our plan, family love, support, and nearness
- Dad’s strength helping both of us to honor mom’s life, time to remember and eulogize, and time to rest my weary soul
- Much needed quiet time to reflect on mom’s life, sunshine washing away the gray, time with my son to remember and process
- The perspective of friends to understand the uncertainties, new friends checking in, snowflakes swirling, crystallizing in air
- Emotions spent but God’s love prevails, time in the Word to start my day, winter rears its ugly, frigid head-warmth inside
- Taking it slow today to prepare for tomorrow, family support, blessings of cousins providing the family with dinner
- A beautiful service for mom to say goodbye, family coming together to honor mom/grandma, final words, tears, love laid raw
- A new day to start the walk of my new normal, a coffee interlude at Starbucks, and a friend to walk the new path with me
Join my mailing list!
Subscribers receive updates, newsletters, and FREE resources! Your information is safe and will never be shared.
If you're not receiving emails from me, check your spam folder and mark my emails as "not spam."
Thank you, Mary, for linking up to Testimony Tuesday! I pray we will all be in His perfect presence daily!
Loved visiting you today and reading your God-breathed words. Thank you for stopping by.
This fits so perfectly with where God is challenging me, Mary. Your words pour into my heart like a refreshing stream, my dear! I want to be like Christ and “empty” myself and in the emptying “give to others” what God can flow through that empty place. Your words remind me of this challenge. Your words give “handles” to what I sometimes struggle to pick up! Thanks for adding these thoughts to Wedded Wed and for being such a sweet friend to me!
God has worked heartily on me recently to understand and grasp “perfect presence” with my own new normal. May we both be blessed daily, love well and delight in every moment.
Thank you Mary for your tremendous help and support to the family and me during Mom’s
final days. Your love was also a big help to Mom. Love, Dad
Thanks Dad! I’m glad that I was able to be present and serve her.
Beautiful, Mary. So beautiful.
Thank you friend! Your encouragement motivates me to continue this new passion.
Love your quote on perfect presence! Visiting from Holy Experience.
Thank you for stopping by! I pray we all experience “perfect presence” and allow God to lead us through it. Blessings to you!
Feeling blessed to be sharing your journey Mary as I witness Gods goodness & grace woven through the daily events of your life. Walking it with you always dear friend. V
I love that you are walking this path with me. God always provides what we need, when we need it and He has provided me with your friendship. Be blessed!